After the 1000 land mark, CD has moved to Face book. You can find us here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/284944101701761/

Please Chumma draw!

20 March, 2012

Flash your memory..Remember me ??


Met a sparrow on the road..who told me today is the world sparrow day...

She asked me

where do my babies go..?
where do my babies go..??
small little babies go
brown little babies go ??

Give me a piece of wood
lend me twig and some seeds
give me a place to sleep
lend me a little space to live

Haven't slept for days
wept a lot for weeks
searched some space for days
not a week little tree to rest

where do my babies go..
where do my babies go..

friends, I had made this design of the sparrow nest then , and been thinking of making it
with help of my carpenter..if i could have actually made it and kept it for a little friend at least
for the special day today...

3 comments:

  1. Nice Poem...It had been long time I had seen this bird..Luckily saw one today near my house..Must be to remember ths itself..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vidhuji, the pendrive is not to be seen anywhere, except in the title! But thanks for reminding us of the value and preciousness of our little bird neighbours. I'm also inspired to do a sparrow sketch :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These guys are giving away free sparrow houses. Get in touch: http://gubbigoodu.in/sparrow_houses.html

    Senti poem...can even sing it i think.

    ReplyDelete