After the 1000 land mark, CD has moved to Face book. You can find us here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/284944101701761/

Please Chumma draw!

09 January, 2013





Happy Birthday Ramya and many happy returns of the day.

A word about this sketch as :Din says we may choose to say something. When I saw the profile pic of Ramya on PJ, it reminded me of a Modigliani painting. (Photographer to be congratulated too for this delightful photograph!)  I wanted to do a portrait based on this picture right away. When I asked Ramya for a bigger picture, she was all grace and kindness and sent me one.

I tried my hand at it a dozen times and failed. When I saw the CD subject today, I went for it again and here is the result! 

Wish me luck, I plan to pursue this, to do this again more like a Modigliani work, sooner or later!

Thanks and best wishes once again Ramya.

5 comments:

  1. Nice capture of expresison Anil. Pl see my Wacom work of her. I worked on it for nearly 2 hours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anil!This is so amazing,i can see so much similarity with the photograph.BEst for further attempts!Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely the best pencil rendering of Ramya that I've seen. Bravo, Anil, and all the best for the Modigliani version!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks all! I am inspired that I had a part to play in Prabha's inspiration!
    Thanks :Din

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice drawing Anil!
    I wish i can get comfortable with pencil as you have.
    Will look at this and get inspired :)))

    ReplyDelete