After the 1000 land mark, CD has moved to Face book. You can find us here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/284944101701761/

Please Chumma draw!

22 December, 2012

The Taxicab Incident









This is known as the taxicab incident. G H Hardy, Ramanujan's mentor/friend at Cambridge, visited him at the hospital and the rest of the story is in the picture above.

Ramanujan's intellect was so sharp even in sickness - almost on his deathbed.

On hearing this, John E Littlewood is said to have remarked, "Every positive integer is one of Ramanujan's personal friends."

The name of Robert Kanigel's book on Ramanujan is "The Man Who Knew Infinity".

Need one say more?

5 comments:

  1. Nice tribute Anil!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thot of illustrating this! but I had forgotten the number! Remember reading it during my school days.
    I must illustrate something else now :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice drawing Anil! I can visualize now what i read in school :)

    ReplyDelete